Long Lake Fire-Rescue Mission Statement
The mission of the Long Lake Township Fire Rescue Department is to serve the community by protecting life, property, and the environment through preparation, prevention, and response.
Our organizational structure includes:
- Fire Chief
- Assistant Chief – Operations and Medical Director
- Captain – Training Officer
- Lieutenant – Safety officer
- Firefighters/Medical First Responders/EMTs
In addition to responses within Long Lake Township, we provide mutual aid support for our neighboring Fire Departments within Grand Traverse and surrounding counties. In conjunction with our First Responder EMS services, North Flight EMS and Blair EMS provide Advanced Life Support EMS services to Long Lake Township.
Our emergency services include:
- Fire Suppression: Structural, Wildland
- Rescue: Ice Rescue, Vehicle Rescue/Extrication, Off-road
- Marine: Fire suppression for forested islands on Long Lake
- Emergency Medical Services: Licensed First Responder Organization staffed by Michigan licensed Emergency Medical Technicians and Medical First Responders
- Disaster: Fire Station can become a shelter for disaster relief
Additionally, we provide year-round training and continuing education for our firefighters and EMS personnel. Each of our firefighters have the following minimum qualification:
- Michigan Firefighter I
- Michigan Firefighter II
- Hazardous Materials Technician
- Advanced Vehicle Extrication training
- State of Michigan Driver Training Certificate
- Licensed Medical First Responder or Emergency Medical Technician
- CPR for Heath Care Provider certificate
We provide emergency services 24 hours a day/365 days a year using a combination of Full-Time, Part-Time and On Call staff personnel enabling us to provide immediate response to all 911 emergency calls.
Interested in learning more about becoming a member? Please contact Fire Chief Andy Down at (231) 947-4096.